Born and raised in the four corners area. Besides having a passion for construction I'm also a dedicated APHA owner where I show and raise horses. I have spent the last 20 plus years in the construction industry. With 16 of those years in the educational facilities and the remaining years as a construction administrator in the private and educational field. Currently I'm the director of Operations for Central Consolidated Schools and currently hold the position of president for the New Mexico Public Facility Managers Association.
What is New Mexico Public Facility Management Association:
The New Mexico Public Facility Management Association (NMPFMA) was officially organized in October 2017 and then became affiliated with the New Mexico Coalition of Educational Leaders in December 2017. Our membership consists of school district facility managers, charter school Operations and Maintenance professionals, and city and county facility managers.
NMPFMA members are individuals from facility/plant operations that are charged with providing safe and healthy public facilities for the State of New Mexico.
NMPFMA is governed by a seventeen-member board with four officers, eight regional representatives, and 7 Ex-officio members. NMPFMA Ex-officio members include representatives from CES, POMS & Associates, NMASBO, PSFA, District Superintendents, and NM Association of Counties.
NMPFMA was organized by Facility Managers in New Mexico. NMPFMA has prepared a strategic plan and has set goals in place to:
· Assist facilities management personnel in effecting the best possible programs for construction, operations, maintenance of physical property and equipment at facilities and public buildings.
· Develop and implement training programs designed to improve the management, supervisory and technical knowledge, skills and abilities of public facilities professionals both statewide and regionally.
· Investigate and develop regional training opportunities across the state for key maintenance issues and systems.
· Provide an Operations Staff Certificate Program with access to seven training modules for new custodial, maintenance, and operations staff.
· Advocate for plant and facilities management by providing positive, professional relationships with Superintendents, Business Officials, legislative representatives and other community leaders.
· Provide statewide networking for facilities professionals for the exchange of ideas and best practices.